BEUTiFi.com is passionate and committed to driving new customers to salons and helping them grow their business online.
In the first of a number of case studies we are publishing, we speak to Gina Ballance, owner of Ballance Hair & Beauty in Leopardstown, to find out how BEUTiFi.com helps her business.
Gina Ballance, owner of Ballance Hair & Beauty in Leopardstown
Ballance opened its doors in 2001 and since then Gina has grown her salon to the success it is today with a team of 19 stylists.
- Ballance has a Facebook page and no website
- Ballance Hair & Beauty only did offline promotions to target new customers.
- They could not take bookings online prior to signing up to BEUTiFi.com
1. Current business challenges:
Our team are very well trained in looking after our customers; we provide a great service and have systems that keeps them coming back. However we did not do much to promote ourselves online to attract new clients into our business. We were looking for an easy way to promote all aspects of our hair and beauty salon online, something that did not take any ongoing management and something that did not cost us much.
2. What solutions had you considered or tried before to address these challenges?
To be honest, I have been too busy in the salon to seek out possible solutions. I am not very technical, and so put off doing too much about promoting my business online, as I always thought it was very difficult to do. We considered getting our own website, but the time, cost and ongoing management of this put us off. We have a Facebook page but it is not good for finding new clients and it also does not tell them what they want to know about a salon nor can they book online.
3. Why did you decide to sign up to BEUTiFi.com?
From meeting the guys I felt that it ticked a number of the boxes I had, specifically;
- It gave me a very strong presence online, something I was lacking.
- It was designed to help drive new clients into my business.
- It allowed me to take bookings online, something I know more clients want these days.
- It was really simple for me and the receptionists to use.
- It did not cost me an arm and a leg!
4. How long did it take to get up and running?
The team in BEUTiFi.com had my profile built for me the day after we signed up and we manage it ourselves now. They took pictures of the salon, loaded all of our pricing –Â It was no hassle at all. Any changes we have can be really easily done ourselves by logging in to our dashboard.
The support they give us is also fantastic. Nothing is too much to ask and they are always at the end of the phone to help us with any questions we may have.
No major changes were required to how we currently work which is also great.
5. How is BEUTiFi.com helping you attract new clients and grow your revenues?
Firstly, we are now very easily found online, so this opens our doors to a number of potential new clients we would never have found otherwise. Its also great to get access to their community of users and the affiliate program, which puts our salon in front of potential customers we could never get to ourselves. It allows us to promote our salon, services, team, prices and to also get reviews from clients. It also allows us to load prices specifically for students or for off peak bookings and to load any special offers we are running, all for a set low monthly fee.
We are delighted with the results so far. We have only been signed up for 5 months and have had so many new clients, most of whom we have managed to retain.
2 specific examples!
- A new client booked us for a highlights & colouring service costing â‚¬95. She has booked in 5 times since.
- Another new client found us on BEUTiFi.com and booked a waxing service for â‚¬50. She was searching for a local salon that stocked the Waxperts brand and found our profile on BEUTiFi.com.Â She has been in 9 times since.
Each new customer we receive substantially increases our turnover each year when we retain them, so we are delighted with the number of new customers and the retention levels so far.
For us if we want to be easily found & easily booked by potential new clients, so its well worth paying the minimal monthly fee.
Gina’s Salon is based in Leopardstown, Dublin 18.
BEUTiFi.com is an online marketplace for quality hair and beauty salons. As a company our mission is to:
1. Give salons a simple and affordable way of getting their business online and to grow their online reputation through reviews.
2. Help introduce new clients to their business and to make it easy for these clients to book in more often
3. To enable salons to offer online booking
4. To help salons fill their quiet times with appointments
5. 89% of our bookings are from new clients to a salon
6. 43% of these customers rebook the same salon at least once
We are currently only available in Ireland and have many of the countries top salons using BEUTiFi.com to promote their business online.